Outreach Support Worker
Program: Community Connections: Housing and Support
Position Title: Outreach Support Worker
Position Location: Owen Sound
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Number of Positions: 1
Reporting Relationship: Debby Fry
Union Representation: OPSEU
Posting Reference #: 2018-22
Community Connections is a program of CMHA Grey Bruce Mental Health and Addiction Services. The program is funded by the South West Local Health Integration Network and Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to provide housing and support for adults recovering from serious mental illness.
Position duties include assessment and treatment planning, supportive counselling, crisis intervention, case management and one-to-one and group supports for independent living. The position involves moderate physical activity, including the provision of practical assistance to clients in household management and maintenance tasks. The position may require some evening and weekend work.
• 3-year Diploma or Degree in applied health or social sciences (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Nursing) with a focus on recovery-oriented practice psychosocial interventions
• Registration in a professional college is preferred and may become a requirement
• At least three years of recent experience in mental health and addictions services
• Thorough and practical understanding of mental illness and addictions
• Thorough understanding of individual recovery and client-centred service delivery
• Experience related to concurrent disorders is required
• Familiarity with psychotropic medications and experience in assisting clients to manage their medications and their primary health-care needs
• Demonstrated skill in assessment, crisis management and counselling
• Training and skill regarding motivational interviewing, trauma informed practice and crisis intervention
• Excellent communication, organizational and relationship skills
• Strong team skills and ability to work well with community and professional groups is essential
• A good sense of humour and the ability to work well under pressure
• Proficiency in use of personal computers for email, data entry and word processing
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and daily use of a personal vehicle
• An up to date Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening is required prior to starting this position
Rate of Pay (Hourly): $25.52 - $28.17 (5 step grid)
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week and some evening work may be required.
The normal work day is 8 hours, including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break
CMHA Grey Bruce is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We welcome employment applications from people with disabilities and provide accommodation upon request during the recruitment and selection process.
Interested applicants are required to send a detailed resume, specifying salary expectations to:
Janet Hilts, HR Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 12, 2018