Who are we?
The Family Support Initiative (FSI) is a community development project providing education, consultation and community development services to foster networking and peer support amongst adult family members of those with a serious mental illness.
What services do we provide?
We offer a range of services and supports that are provided on a one to one , family, or group basis, including:
- - support for family members and/or friends of someone experiencing a mental illness
- - information on mental illness, medications, resources, etc.
- - facilitation of education and support groups
- - assistance to those wishing to start self-help groups
- - provide help to family members trying to understand and navigate the Mental Health system
- - provide packages of information on mental health, mental illness and related topics
- - assist family members in finding information via the internet
We also offer the following educational and support groups
- Family Coping Skills Program
From time to time we provide groups to help family members cope with the difficulties associated with having a family member with a mental illness. These groups are usually four to six sessions long and can be offered in one of the many communities throughout Grey and Bruce counties.
- Family Information Support Meetings
These meetings give family members a chance to meet other family members in their communities to share stories, learn information and find new helpful resources to effectively deal with mental illnesses. While we do not have the resources to operate additional ongoing groups, we would assist those who wish to continue a group on a self-help basis.
Who do we serve?
FSI provides services to adult residents of Grey Bruce who are family members and/or friends of adults with a serious mental illness.
Is there a cost?
FSI is a community development project of HopeGreyBruce Mental Health and Addictions Services and is funded by the South West Local Health Integration Network. Our services are offered free of charge.
Can we help you?
If you think FSI might be able to help, give us a call at 519- 371-4802 and let us know what you require. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sponsoring Agency - HopeGreyBruce Mental Health & Addictions Services